Reading glasses frame and colour guide
Muddled, new to reading glasses?
I'm not surprised, when I started wearing reading glasses (a few years ago now!) I had no idea there was such a range of shapes and types.
Here is a short guide of the different types of glasses available in Eyelids. Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see a photo of named glasses
- Full lens - the entire lens is magnified see Fuschia
- Half lens - this will allow you to look into the distance and look down to read - see Amos
- Half moon - great for wear slightly down your nose and allow you to look into the distance - see Emerson
- Folding - great for pockets, bags, holidays and restaurants - see Folding#1
- Bifocal Reading - no need to take glasses on and off as there is no magnification at the top of the lens - see Adam
- Bifocal Sunreaders - no need to take glasses on and off as there is no magnification at the top of the tinted lens - see Cannes
- Sunreaders - great for reading in the sun with a fully tinted lens - see Cadiz
- Computer Glasses - see anti-blue ray glasses called - Nick or Joel
- Long arm Glasses - great for leaving around your neck when not in use - see Long Arms #5
- Make-up Glasses - put on your make-up accurately! See Make-up glasses
What shape and what colour frame reading glasses will suit you.
Relax this is simple!
Firstly figure out your shape face.
Oval: Think of an egg
Round: Think of a football
Square: Forehead and jaw width are equal
Heart: Pointed at the jaw with wide forehead
Now think opposites!
Square: Choose round or oval frame glasses - suggestion
Heart: Select aviators or rimless frame
Round: Try rectangular or square.
Oval: Lucky you, any style will suit!
If you have a fair skin tone:
Choose: Neutrals, darker colours for contrast, tortoiseshell
Avoid: Gold and green
If you have a sallow skin:
Choose: Tortoiseshell, green and gold, deep browns, reds, yellow
Or be anarchic and do the opposite!
Honey blond hair: Choose pink, brown and tortoiseshell
Strawberry blond hair: Select black, blue or purple
Brown hair: Try green, red, gold and tortoiseshell
Red hair: Go for tortoiseshell and green
Black hair: Try blacks, greens, reds or purple
Grey or White hair: Select bright red, purple, black, grey or white
Five colours that suit everyone (according to the experts)
1. Purple - see Topaz, Clover and Speckled Purple from our range of reading glasses
2. True Red - no orange or blue undertones - See Sasha, Ruby, Peru Red, Lee Red
3. Emerald Green - see Cosmo, Meg, Holly
4. Hot Pink or Fuschia - see Ava
5. Turquoise - see Jett, Halo
Finally, finally if you are not sure try tortoiseshell as it will suit most complexions and hair colours.
These are only suggestions. You will probably know what suits you best.
No posts found